The World Union of Arab Bankers under the support and participation of the Central Bank of Cyprus and in cooperation with the Association of Banks in Cyprus, is organizing the First Cypro-Arab FinTech Forum: “A New reality” during the period of 21-22 May, 2018 at the Mediterranean Beach Hotel in Limassol, Cyprus.
Through this forum WUAB is, as always, keen to join efforts with international bodies and entities to safeguard our Banks and financial institutions from potential threats and challenges through introducing state of art means of combating these threats while abiding and complying with the regulatory framework and international best practices. The forum will highlight new trends and patterns that are evolving.
Main Topics of Discussion:
- The European Commission’s Newly Released Fintech Action Plan
- The Digital Single Market Strategy
- Cloud Banking
- Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and Blockchain
- Ensuring Cyber-security in FinTech
- The Arab Legislative Environment in Monitoring FinTech
- Risks and Opportunities Emanating from FinTech Innovations for Banks
- FinTech Implications for Regulatory Compliance and Supervision