First Cypro-Arab FinTech Forum: “A New reality”
21-22 May, 2018 Limassol, Cyprus
The World Union of Arab Bankers under the support and participation of the Central Bank of Cyprus and in cooperation with the Association of Banks in Cyprus, is organizing the First Cypro-Arab FinTech Forum: “A New reality” during the period of 21-22 May, 2018 at the Mediterranean Beach Hotel in Limassol, Cyprus.
Through this forum WUAB is, as always, keen to join efforts with international bodies and entities to safeguard our Banks and financial institutions from potential threats and challenges through introducing state of art means of combating these threats while abiding and complying with the regulatory framework and international best practices. The forum will highlight new trends and patterns that are evolving.
Main Topics of Discussion:
- The European Commission’s Newly Released Fintech Action Plan
- The Digital Single Market Strategy
- Cloud Banking
- Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) and Blockchain
- Ensuring Cyber-security in FinTech
- The Arab Legislative Environment in Monitoring FinTech
- Risks and Opportunities Emanating from FinTech Innovations for Banks
- FinTech Implications for Regulatory Compliance and Supervision
Era of Combating Organized Financial Crime
6-7 September 2018, Istanbul – Turkey
It is our distinct pleasure to extend an invitation to your esteemed institution to participate in the upcoming Forum entitled: “Era of Combating Organized Financial Crime”. This event is organized by the World Union of Arab Bankers in cooperation with the Banks Association of Turkey, and will be held September on 6-7, 2018 at Hilton Bomonti International Hotel in Istanbul, Turkey.
MENA regional banks struggle with compliance being a challenge given the lack of standardization from local regulators. Banks in Turkey, as well as Arab banks operating in Turkey, face similar dilemmas. In recent years, the volume and complexity of regulations put forth by foreign and domestic authorities have overwhelmed compliance departments. This event, among others organized by WUAB, is part of an intensive effort to counter escalating patterns of ML/CFT and increase awareness for participating parties on reducing the momentum of financial crimes and mitigating their impact.
WUAB seeks to join efforts with international agencies and entities to safeguard Arab – Turkish Banks and financial institutions from potential threats and challenges, introducing state-of-art means to combat these threats.
Main Topics of Discussion:
- Requirements for Combating Organized Financial Crimes
- Anti- Financial Crime Legislations in the region: Country Experience
- private and public sectors partnership with the regulatory authorities
- Best Practices in FinTech
- Processes and procedures to be adopted by banks to reduce the risk factors
Highlighting the rising use of technology-based money laundering including virtual currencies, social media and email.
Arab – Cypriot Forum: Challenges and Opportunities in Economic, Banking, Trade and Commerce Relations
15-16 October, 2018 in Limassol, Cyprus
The World Union of Arab Bankers is organizing the Arab – Cypriot Forum: Challenges and Opportunities in Economic, Banking, Trade and Commerce Relations, during the period of 15-16 October, 2018 in Limassol, Cyprus.