World Union of Arab Bankers
The Hub of Arab Bankers...
The Risk Professionals Group Annual Forum
7- 8 June, 2022, Grand Hyatt – Amman, Jordan
Risk professionals have been forced to adapt to and deal with several changes in the industry since late 2019, the time when coronavirus started spreading.
The Covid-19 pandemic “Deprioritized Regulatory Compliance” and redirected risk management in the financial landscape in the following directions:
1. Private risk management will increasingly fill the void left by governments.
2. Long-term risks will be translated into short-term threats and opportunities.
3. People from all walks of life will become more adept at understanding risk and probability concepts.
4. Artificial intelligence and machine learning will complement human judgment and simpler modeling techniques – but will not replace them.
5. Risk managers will focus on cultivating organizational resilience, rather than mitigating specific risks.
Arab Banks Awards and Commendations of Excellence
Within the framework and the objectives of the World Union of Arab Bankers to promote the Arab banking and financial industry and the professional scope of Arab banking, the Union launched in 2015 and through its monthly magazine The Banking Executive, the first round of the “Excellence and Achievement Awards” ceremony, which has become an annual event attended by senior bankers and international figures from international and regional institutions.
The Bank of Excellence Awards and Achievement Awards aim to honor Arab personalities and banking institutions that have achieved significant achievements during their career. They have been instrumental in promoting and developing the Arab banking industry, and have formed a remarkable example of outstanding performance and adherence to international standards and legislation, in addition to their active contribution to the promotion of economic development in the Arab world.