World Union of Arab Bankers
The Hub of Arab Bankers...
Webinar – Live Virtual Training
The First Banking Executive Online Conference 2021
15 April, 2021
A stronger starting point for the 2021–22 forecast.
Multiple vaccine approvals and the launch of vaccination in some countries in December have raised hopes of an eventual end to the pandemic.
Three questions. These developments raise three interrelated questions for the global outlook.
1. How will restrictions needed to curb transmission affect activity in the near term before vaccines begin delivering effective society-wide protection?
2. How will vaccine-rollout expectations and policy support affect activity?
3. How will financial conditions and commodity prices evolve?
- Fiscal policy support set to boost economic activity.
- Supportive financial conditions. Major central banks are assumed to maintain their current policy rate settings throughout the forecast horizon to the end of 2022.
- Rising commodity prices.
Arab Banks Awards and Commendations of Excellence
Within the framework and the objectives of the World Union of Arab Bankers to promote the Arab banking and financial industry and the professional scope of Arab banking, the Union launched in 2015 and through its monthly magazine The Banking Executive, the first round of the “Excellence and Achievement Awards” ceremony, which has become an annual event attended by senior bankers and international figures from international and regional institutions.
The Bank of Excellence Awards and Achievement Awards aim to honor Arab personalities and banking institutions that have achieved significant achievements during their career. They have been instrumental in promoting and developing the Arab banking industry, and have formed a remarkable example of outstanding performance and adherence to international standards and legislation, in addition to their active contribution to the promotion of economic development in the Arab world.