The Board of Directors of the World Union of Arab Bankers held its thirty-first meeting for the period 2022-2025, on Thursday, May 19, 2022 in Cairo – Egypt, and on its agenda was the election of chairman, two deputies and members of board. Dr. Joseph Torbey, Chairman and General Manager Credit Libanais Group was unanimously elected, as Chairman of the Board of Directors at the World Union of Arab Banks.
The new Board of Directors, whose mandate extends for a period of three years 2022-2025, is as follows:
- Joseph Torbey, Chairman and General Manager, Credit Libanais Group – Chairman (Lebanon)
- Imad Jawad Bukhamseen, Vice Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Bukhamseen Holding Group – Deputy Chairman for Arab Region (Kuwait)
- Othman Benjelloun, President, Professional Group of Moroccan Banks – Deputy Chairman for Overseas Region (Morocco)
- Sheikh Muhammad Al-Jarrah Al-Sabah, Chairman, Kuwait International Bank (Kuwait)
- Tarek Fayed, Chairman, Banque du Caire (Egypt)
- Sheikh Ahmed Duaij Al-Sabah, Chairman, Kuwait Bank Association and the Commercial Bank of Kuwait (Kuwait)
- Abdul Mohsen Al-Faris, Member of the Board of Directors, Alinma Bank (Saudi Arabia)
- Abdul Razzaq Al-Tarhouni, General Manager, Jumhouria Bank and Chairman of the Union of Libyan Banks (Libya)
- Ziad Khalaf, Chairman, International Development Bank (Iraq).
- Ahmed H. Al-Dheeb, CEO, CAC International Bank (Djibouti).
- Mohamed Wajih El-Bizri, Chairman, Lebanese Islamic Bank and President of the International Chamber of Commerce in Lebanon (Lebanon).
- Kholoud Al-Saqqaf, Chairman, Social Security Investment Fund (Jordan).
- E. Dr. Marwan Awad, General Manager, First International Consulting and Arbitration (Jordan).
- Mouna Saaied Ghattoufi, General Delegate, Tunisian Professional Association of Banks and Financial Institutions (Tunisia).
- Jozeph Nesnas, Regional Director, Cairo Amman Bank (Palestine).
- Mohamed Jamil Berro, Managing Director and CEO, Emirates NBD Bank-Egypt (Egypt).